Happy Lefties Day!

9:30 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Hiya, neighbor!
Left-handed, I mean.  Not the political side.  ^^,

They say approximately 10% of the world's population is a south paw.  I am one of that 10%.  And never did I wish it otherwise.  :)

But I'm not a "pure" leftie.  There are some things where I use my right hand like eating (spoon on the right, fork on the left; but chopsticks on the left) and using the scissors.  I play guitar, tennis with a single backhand, bowling, and a basketball free throw with my left.  But unlike the famous leftie artists, Michaelangelo, da Vinci, Raphael, I cannot draw for shit.  My penmanship is pretty, though.

I love knowing that a couple of famous people are lefties.  Actually, it makes me a bit happier if I see a fellow south paw.  A lot of very successful tennis players are lefties -- John McEnroe, Martina Navratilova, Rafael Nadal is a rightie but plays with his left, Monica Seles, Rod Laver, Jimmy Connors, Petra Kvitova to name a few.  As for music people -- the late Kurt Cobain, Noel Gallagher of Oasis, Mozart, David Bowie, Sting, Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, and friggin' Eminem.  I feel a sense of pride to be in that 10% together with JK Rowling, Mark Twain, Stan Lee, and HG Wells; Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Princes Charles and William, Mahatma Ghandi; computer superpowers Bill Gates, the late Steve Jobs, and Steve Wozniak; directors James Cameron and Ridley Scott; and numerous actors and actresses that I adore:

My photo. She's leftie too.
Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson (see above), Jeremy Renner, Pierce Brosnan (my favorite Bond), Hugh Jackman, Keanu Reeves (don't we all have that Keanu Reeves phase?), Morgan Freeman aka God, Morpheus er... I mean Laurence Fishburne, Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey, Charlie Chaplin, Tina Fey, Whoopi Goldberg, Julia Roberts, Emma Thompson, Reese Witherspoon, Brad Pitt, Demi Moore, Bruce Willis (dang, there's a lot of couples here), Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick (see what I mean), etc.

So yeah.  I'm definitely in good company.