My Beauty Profile

11:06 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

When I started this blog, I did not intend it to be a beauty blog.  But makeup, beauty, and recently, style, have been a big part of my everyday life lately that I do end up talking about it quite frequently.  And it's fun, don't you think?  It's nice to be in touch with my girlier side from time to time.

Therefore, I've decided to do a sort of beauty profile in case any of you have the same skin tone or makeup style as me and you're curious whether or not the products that I talk about will work on you.  I found this very in-depth survey type thing on a beauty blogger, C'est Bon by Ashley Michelle.  I've added a few categories.  Feel free to do this also.  :)

As of 20160102.

Eye Color
Dark Brown
Natural Hair Color
Dark Brown.  (I've since dyed it with Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Cream in R3 Light Intense Auburn)
Skin Undertones
Neutral.  Leaning a bit on the cool side.
Most Prominent Facial Feature
My eyes.  They're pretty dolly when photographed at the right angle and/or the right makeup.  And I do have a wide forehead that I almost never cover with fringes.
Favorite Facial Feature
My eyes, of course.  And I love my eyelashes because they curl naturally and they are long and thick. 
Feature You Would Change
I'm making it work so far.  Nothing a bit of bronzing can't fix.
Key Point Of The Face
The eyes!  And the smile!

Skin & Personal Care Routine: My skin is dry. I am not prone to break outs, thank goodness.

First Personal Care/Beauty Step In The Morning
Splashing cold water on to my face.
Favorite Skin Care Products
Anything Laneige. Holiest grail products ever.
Most Important Skin Care Routine Step
Everything in this post.
Often Neglected Skin Care Routine Step
Uhm... the nose strip. 
Most Important Skin Care Product
SPF. If you think a dedicated sunscreen is an optional step, have some of your products do multiple benefits for you.
Cannot Live Without
Lip balm.

Makeup: I love drugstore makeup.  Asian makeup is my new obsession.  I do have my share of high end stuff though.  Also, I'm a lip product addict.  And I love orange.
 

First Step To Makeup Routine
BB Cream. I rarely wear foundation.

Most Important Makeup Tools
Mmm... I'm not particular about brushes.  I don't use my eyelash curler all that much anymore but I think that's important to have.  Lashes take the look to another level.
Primer
Face primer, you mean?  Hate them.
Foundation
Like I said, I rarely use foundation. But when I do, I use the L'Oreal Lumi.
Concealer
Maybelline Fit Me in Sand. Skinfood Salmon Concealer.
Powder
Hands down, L'Oreal True Match Powder in N3. 
Blush
ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose is my favorite blush of all time.  Really pink, red, orange, or rosy blushes work so well for my skin tone.  It can double as my contour product as well.  I might wear lighter coral-y blushes also but it takes work to make it really show on my cheeks.
Bronzer
ELF Warm Bronzer all over the face.
Highlighter
ELF Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky
Brows
For everyday, I use the ELF brow kit in Medium. I'm experimenting with a few Korean brow pencils and mascaras.
Eye Primer
ELF $1 eye primer.  The Essence I Love Stage primer is really good too.
Eyeshadow
I always use ELF Smudge Pots as base. Then I'll use whatever I feel like using, powder-wise.
Eyeliner
I'm only beginning to master liquid liners. I often skip eyeliner but when I use them, I go for pencil.
Mascara
I got lucky at the lashes department.  I can use anything and it'll look good. 
Lips
I love lipsticks. Lip glosses, not so much.

Hair: My hair is on the dry side but my scalp gets pretty oily.  That's why I need to wash it every day. 

Shampoo
Pantene Pro-V Color Preserve Volume
Conditioner
Pantene Pro-V Color Preserve Volume
Brush & Comb
I'm not a brush person.  I use a wide-toothed comb when wet.  When dry... do you know Hair Doctor?  XD
Styling Products
Moroccan Argan oil.  That's all.  I don't heat-style.

Treatment Products
If I have to... I just use what my mom has.  Usually stuff from Tresemme or Garnier.

Bath and Body:  I neither have dry nor oily skin on my body.  I may experience dry spots but overall, it's pretty normal.  I don't have very noticeable body hair either.

 

Fragrances
My favorite scent is... green.  Yeah, anything that smells green.  Some favorites are Versense by Versace, Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes, White Citrus by Bath and Body Works, Maria Sharapova by Maria Sharapova, Armani Code by Armani, Country Chic by Bath and Body Works, Poppy Flower by Coach.  
Nails
I'm not picky with my nail polish.  I do love the Megalast line from Wet n Wild.  They are amazing... colors, formula, brush... just amazing!

Lotions
I'm a Bath and Body Works addict.  I go crazy when they have sales and great deals.  I'm so glad that they made their Cucumber Melon scent available again, even for a limited time.  I totally love their Fresh Picked hand creams.  But my ultimate favorite from Bath and Body Works is their Stress Relief line.  Specifically, the Eucalyptus Spearmint scent.  OMG, heaven!  But on real problem areas, Palmer's Cocoa Butter is the way to go.

Body Wash/Scrub
If you haven't tried Bath and Body Works' Stress Relief scrub in Eucalyptus Spearmint, you haven't lived.  For body wash, no particular preference.
Makeup Remover
For wipes, I use the Equate brand from Wal*Mart.  I rotate eye makeup removers from Almay (the blue one, those little rounds that come in a jar), Rimmel eye makeup remover, Etude House Mascara remover, and my mom's random Estee Lauder makeup removers.  I am currently loving Etude House's Happy Tea Time makeup removing creams for quick fixes and those times when I don't wear heavy makeup. 
Face Wash
The Face Shop Herb Day Cleansing Foam.

So that is it!  I will add more if I feel like I missed anything.  There will be more beauty-related posts coming up.  And of course, watch out for my orange lip color master post in the future!  =D