First half of 2012: The Avengers

4:01 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


It is the last day of 2012.  What are your favorite memories of this year?

To me, 2012 has been the best year of my life so far.  I had the most fun, met a lot of great people, saw many famous ones (lol), crossed out a lot from my bucket list.  I did so much this year and it was tough to fit them in one photo.  So I split them into two.

The first half of my 2012 can be represented by The Avengers.  It was by far, THE BEST red carpet premiere I've attended.  I was with good friends and I was able to share it with my brother.  To me, that was the most important thing.  Not to mention, The Avengers is my favorite movie of 2012 (sorry, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey).  I could not stop thinking, talking about it.  But yeah, like I mentioned, I was thrilled to share that moment with my brother.  It was a long and uncomfortable wait but I'm glad he soldiered on with me and saw/met the likes of Stan Lee, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Alexander and Stellan Skarsgard, and even Dominic Monaghan of LOTR!

Speaking of Alexander Skarsgard, I saw the guy three times this year.  No joke!  All at premieres: True Blood (I don't watch it anymore but I go to the red carpet every year for three years now), Battleship (come on... how many people can say they watched a movie with ASkars, Rihanna, Andy Roddick, and Liam Neeson in the audience with them lol), and when he went with his dad Stellan at The Avengers premiere.  I think he recognizes me now... yeah, I'm pretty sure he does.  I know that smile he gives me when he sees me and my GK stuff amongst the sea of True Blood.

Also speaking of LOTR, my starstruck moment of 2012 is meeting Craig Parker at the Spartacus: Vengeance premiere.  I've talked about that moment in a previous post.  I don't know how I held it together when he stopped by my spot, talked to me, took a photo (asking if we were doing a serious or wacky face even), and coming back after he'd moved on to tell me "not to enjoy the naughty bits (of the episode) too much".  OMG.  I've talked with a lot of celebrities but this one takes the cake.  That night, I also saw Manu Bennett who had a small part in The Hobbit.  And I shook hands with Lucy Lawless.  I win.

One of the prouder moments of my life was taking my mom and brother to see American Idiot.  Yes, I'm not a huge fan of the tour but I am a huge fan of the show.  To be able to have both of them there on the 2nd anniversary of the first time I've seen the show (April 19) was priceless.  I had my brother beside me at front row center and my mom got to see it for the second time from a distance.  And they both enjoyed it!  It was a full circle, seeing it for the first time on 19 April 2010 and then again two years later, 19 April 2012.  It was special.

And I also added to my Generation Kill list.  This blog knows nothing of my love for this amazing HBO mini series and I will remedy that soon.  I met Benjamin Busch at his book signing at my local Vroman's Bookstore.  I had him sign both his book and my very very special GK copy.  And then I had the opportunity to talk to him.  Again, no idea how I kept it together haha. 

My first event of the year proved to be a foreshadowing of how awesome 2012 would be for me.  Mythbusters: Behind the Myths tour.  After yeeeeaaaars of watching and loving Mythbusters, there they were in front of me in the flesh.  Adam and Jamie proved to be as interesting and entertaining in person as on TV.  Then less than a week later, I was at the Spartacus: Vengeance red carpet premiere.  How cool was my January?  XD

This year, I also learned to appreciate having friends.  I know this sounds rather sentimental but I didn't have a lot of friends that I meet in person at a regular basis.  But these group of people that I met at work... they're great.  I mean, the place we worked at wasn't the best of places but they were the ones that made it worthwhile.  I may not be working there anymore but I will definitely keep those ties no matter what happens in the future.

January to June was pretty eventful.  It only got better from there...