Peter Jackson, Hollywood Walk of Famer [20141208] - super image-heavy!

12:13 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

(Please give credit where credit is due.)

It's The Hobbit week in Hollywood! I've been preparing my heart for this for years. Even the best things do not - cannot - last forever. And now, here we are... the final movie in the Middle-Earth saga.

But before that, let us honor the man, the hobbit, and the wizard who made it all possible. Sir Peter Jackson. To be awarded with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame a day before the LA red carpet premiere of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, it is such an honor to witness that in person.


And to think I wasn't even supposed to go. XD I was already taking the day off for the premiere but when they announced this... I was ready to sacrifice. Until I read the guest list. My eyes zeroed in on one name... Lee Pace. The other names in that list were Orlando Bloom, Richard Armitage, Elijah Wood, Evangeline Lilly, and Luke Evans. Luke was a no show though. Some of the NZ crew were also in attendance. Andy Serkis gave the speech.


One of the best things during these events is not only seeing celebrities in person, but also meeting people who are there for the same reasons as you. And finding that connection. I've met so many awesome people through these events; and I usually come to these things alone.

This was the earliest I've ever lined up for anything. 5:30AM. The group I ended up going with camped out the night before and were first in line. At first, we thought we didn't have good spots but when the organizers started to put name cards on the chairs... I admit, I freaked out a little bit. The lady with the name cards was going down the line of chairs. I thought we were behind the area for VIP guests, family, etc. and the "talent" (cast and crew) were seated farther away to our right. But when I saw one of the name being stuck on the chairs nearest us, my hands started shaking. The names coming out of the pile, one by one were: Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Richard Armitage. That certainly lifted our spirits.



I said before that if we were to be behind the cast, I won't be able to pay attention to Peter or any of the speeches. And that kinda happened. I mean, I got the speech and everything but I think out of the almost 300 photos that I took, 90% of them have Lee, Richard, and/or Orlando in them. Or all 3 in one shot. No apologies.

I mean, can you blame me? This was not only the best guest list that I've ever seen for a star ceremony but also the most beautiful group of people ever.

The journey is on its final legs and for fans who have been on this adventure since the first step that Bilbo took out of his Bag End home, this feels like the end of an era. An AGE, to be Tolkien appropriate. It's all coming to an end but it'll never be gone. The books and films will live on and the relationships forged during the making of these films are forever.

I'm so thankful for these past few days... meeting the best people and sharing with them this awesome experience. Until the next one! :)

I saw Lee first. He was there first.
Andy Serkis
Richard Armitage
The ageless Elijah Wood
Evangeline Lilly, Andy, and Lee. Can someone P'shop the Palantir there.
Andy Serkis and Sebastian Meek, assistant to PJ. The only person taller than Lee.
Joe Letteri, senior visual effects artist
Elijah and Orlando Bloom
The Kings. 
Too beautiful not to share.
The originals. 
Royalty. Elijah, Richard, Lee, and Orlando. And Philippa Boyens!
(Yes, Richard and Lee are seated beside each other. That's all I'm going to say, you crazy shippers.)

And they are joined by Evangeline. 
Andy and Peter Jackson
Let the cast spam begin!

This man is BEAUTIFUL, what can I say.
Philippa and Zane Wiener
Even the cast were clamoring for a shot!
Mirkwood royalty and Fran Walsh, Philippa
The shot the took my breath away.
Evangeline, Andy, Elijah, Richard, Lee, and Billy Jackson
Philippa, Fran, and Katie Jackson

And now, for accidental selfies from professional photographers.