미안해. 나는 거짓말했다.

5:17 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I'm sorry. I lied.

I'm going to KCON 2015 in Los Angeles after all. ^.~

If you've been reading my posts for the past few months, you'll gather that I'm almost exclusively a YG fan. Meaning, I tend to favor the artists from YG Entertainment over other acts/agencies. But unlike other "stans", I don't treat them as gods nor excuse them for things they do that the public frown upon. Yet I can't deny that their stuff are really that much better than majority of the stuff out there. I can't bear to listen to some K-pop songs, let alone follow groups that are made up of 48615 members.

Having said all that, I am open to expanding my horizons. I do like a handful of non-YG talents. More the songs than the artists themselves. I will listen to the songs/albums but don't ask me the names of the members. I've ventured out of the YG building many times and found favorite tracks from other artists. But at the end of the day, I come home to YG.

Last year, G-Dragon was at KCON 2014. I didn't go. I was exhausted the day before because of the Josh Hutcherson charity basketball game. As much as I respect GD's talent, nothing - NOTHING - can replace that experience. (Read all about it; click the link.) And like the previous one that I attended, KCON 2013, GD was really the only reason why I wanted to go. But it ended up being such a YG experience! And Missy Elliott feels, no less. ;-) I never got around to writing about the concert night with all those acts. I had something to say about the rude fans of ~other artists but I think it's a good thing that I never talked at length about it. Let's just say that YG fans will never do that to your idol. At least BIGBANG is still one unit after all these years.  #kanyeshrug



This year, there's not a YG act in the lineup. But I'm going anyway. I have a handful of Sistar songs in my iPod. Sistar19's 있다 없으니까 is one of the loveliest songs ever. One of my earliest guilty pleasures is Mr. Simple by Super Junior. I also like Sorry Sorry. If you're a K-pop fan for a couple of years, you should know Shinwha. Without them, your bias wouldn't be there too. Zion T. made an appearance in GD's song 너무 좋아 in the Coup d'Etat album. And if you know Zion T, you should also know Crush. I thought Spring, Spring, Spring by Roy Kim was cute when it was released. Then he followed that up with a song called Love, Love, Love. Oh-kay. And I can't leave out the biggest reason (out of this lineup) why I decided to go to the concert nights... Block B. Nillili Mambo is so hot up to this day. I don't have a clue what it means but I've listened to it on repeat from time to time. If they are to do that live, that's my ticket right there.

(If I haven't mentioned the artist, that means I don't know them. I may have a clue but I probably haven't listened to their songs. I'll get around that eventually. I have two more weeks. Suggestions? The video message from Monsta X is so freakin' adorable though. Such tourists! LOL.)

But it's not the artist line up that finally pushed me into buying that ticket. It's the ACTOR LINEUP. Daniel Henney. I don't need to say anything else really. Gimme my Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders now. Kim Soohyun... every one in my workplace watched My Love From the Star. I watched the first episode but as the lazy ass that I am, I haven't gone past that LOL. But hey, it would be cool to see him... maybe it'll make me watch the rest of the drama. And yes people... Ki Hong Lee...  Minho from The Maze Runner. I knew he was coming but what convinced me to go too was the panel. That's the only panel that I was interested in. I can get there and line up the whole day if needed. And besides, I know the Los Angeles Convention Center better than my own backyard. For $25 for all 3 convention days, that's a STEAL compared to the other conventions that I go to. 

I think I scored good seats having just bought them two days ago. Level Premier P3. I'm not after any artist engagements but if I have a free one, I'll probably go for Block B. If not, I might just give it away. I'm actually looking forward to the concert now. Not looking forward to mingling with people but I'm good at keeping to myself anyway. Where is the open mic room when you need it? On second thought... no, no open mic rooms for KCON please. Hee!

So yeah. An expensive spur of the moment decision. I hope I don't regret it. See you, KCON 2015 LA!