Food, food, and more food.

1:26 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

I love food.  I don't care what it is, I'm always open to trying everything at least once.  Who knows, you might end up loving frog legs and balut.  How many people do you know have sampled Ethiopian cuisine?  Or authentic German beer?

I live in an area with a ton of different places to eat apart from the usual fast food chains.  A lot of Chinese food and Italian sit-downs and small cafes.  I try going to different restaurants every time I go out, either alone or with other people. But of course, I have some favorites.

One of those favorites is Pei Wei Asian Diner.  There's one near where I live and if I'm jonesing for fancier Asian cuisine, this is where I go. They don't have a large menu but everything tastes fantastic.  A lot of them are spicy so my choices are even smaller.  My go-to dishes are the Honey Chicken plate and this one, Sweet & Sour.

Fried rice and crispy chicken with Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, red ginger, onions, green bell peppers, pineapple

Another thing I like at Pei Wei is their fortune cookies.  They're not only free but you can get how many you want from the big tub over by the fountain drinks.  I usually get 3-4, and an extra every time I refill my drink.  I love fortune cookies... the cookies themselves, actually.  Plus, the service at this place was good.

Last night, we went to Vegas Seafood Buffet.  As much as I love food, I'm terrible at buffetts.  I'm a pretty small girl and I don't eat all that much.  Plus, I have a quirk where all I can eat during a meal is just the plate I bring with me.  As soon as I see the food on my plate disappear, I get fuller and fuller.  I almost never get seconds.  So that's why I try to get one of each item on one plate.

But the place was really nice.  The service wasn't all that great.  I asked for a water midway through dinner and it never came.  Not to mention, no one even asked to refill my existing drink.  It's the kind of service that I will not leave a tip for.

Remnants of clam chowder, creme brulee, and the main course
The food was good but not the best.  I've definitely been to better buffets with a wider range of food items.  I didn't like their dessert menu that much except for the cheesecake and the awesome creme brulee.  See how clean my plates were?  Another quirk.  Blame it on the one too many old wives tales my mother and grandmother used to tell me when I was a kid when I refused to finish my food.  DX

I wonder what tomorrow's plates will look like.

Kisses,