Happy birthday, USA!

4:33 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Happy Fourth of July!

I am not American but I am thankful to be living in this great nation. God bless America!

Fireworks at the Rose Bowl, Pasadena.  © Cate, 4 July 2012
I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~ Abraham Lincoln.

As in previous years, my mom and I headed over to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena to watch the fireworks display.  We don't actually go in the stadium; you can watch the pyrotechnics from the outside grounds.  Come early to see the sideshows, food kiosks, or just have a picnic while waiting for the sun to go down.

This year, a couple of my friends from work decided to watch with us.  It might sound strange but whenever we hang out in Pasadena, I have a slight feeling of pride whenever they enjoy myself in "my" city.  I hardly have any friends in Pasadena so when they come up here, I always hope they enjoyed it, made the drive up worth it.

So that is it for now.  I should be uploading a bunch of these pictures on Facebook but I'm notoriously lazy when it comes to that.

Salutations,