Train Reads

10:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

One of the things that I like to do when taking the train is people watching.  Specifically, checking out what people are reading on the train.  It makes me happy to see so many people toting books around and reading on their commute whether they be actual books or e-readers.  A fair share read on their devices but there's no shortage of people with books, thick or thin.

This morning, there was a very interesting variety of literature on the Gold Line.  The woman beside me was reading The Bible and taking notes.  Then someone behind me was reading The Book of Mormon; I saw it in the reflection on the window.  And then, the woman in front of my pulled out a copy of Fifty Shades of Grey.  I would have joined their circle with a GRRM book but I'm currently taking a break, not just from the Thrones books but reading in general.  I gave myself a week to recover from all the epic-ness and now, I'm ready to start again.

On the train home, it began to drizzle a bit.  Listening to whatever's on my iPod, I looked out the window and saw this:

Palm trees and electric lines
I thought it was a nice touch to end my day.