August 2012 Favorites

6:26 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Another month came and went.  Welcome, -ber months.  And Merry Christmas, everyone!  (If you know why, you're probably Filipino.)


1. The Kills - Future Stars Slow
Last month, Political Animals introduced me to such a bad ass song.  At first, I didn't know what their opening theme song was but I dug it hard.  My ever helpful friends lent a hand and led me to this song.  And this band.

2. Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Lite
TONI
This drink has unseated green tea frappuccino as my favorite drink from Starbucks.  It's amazing.  And when I get to the caramel strings... aaaah, heaven!   I always get the venti.  It's not an everyday thing.  Once or twice a week, maybe three.  Massive love!  Some branches put caramel in with the blend and some just put it on top.  One Starbucks I went to put caramel at the bottom of the cup.  That was some kind of perfection.

3. Pasta da Vinci from The Cheesecake Factory
This is the only thing I order from The Cheesecake Factory.  I don't exactly know what's in it; all I know is that it is so good.  I never get tired of it.  And I always take some home for tomorrow's lunch or something.  If you haven't tried it yet, do it.

4. Golden Broccoli Cheese Soup from Subway
Yes.  Soup from Subway.  (I swear, this is the last food entry lol.)  It's less than $3 and it is so filling.  I loved it from first sip.

5. f(x)
I actually started liking f(x) midway through July.  I admit, for the first week of August, their songs kicked off my day.  But unlike with 2NE1, I only liked a handful of their songs.  I love NU ABO and Danger.  My original favorites were Electric Shock and Hot Summer.  As I explored their music, I came to like Beautiful Stranger and ... Is it Ok?  But their other songs?  No, thank you.  Most of their music reflects the qualities that I don't like about K-Pop.  Overly manufactured, cheesy as hell, cutesy-tootsie... I'm not buying that.  But I still really like the f(x) songs that I mentioned.

6. Barnes and Noble
Especially their location in Glendale Galleria.  It is one of my favorite places to chill.

7. Pandora on the iPad
I've used that app quite a lot this month.  I'm not much for Internet radio because I want to control the music/songs I listen to but lately, Pandora has introduced me to great new music.  In the bath, while reading... anytime!

8. The high ponytail
As you know, I have long hair.  It's down to my waist.  And it has been a very hot summer.  When I was a kid, I always wore my hair in a ponytail.  The higher, the better.  I seem to have revisited that during the hotter days.  And I feel pretty when I have my hair up like that.

9. Nude Lips
I'm still a nude lips newbie.  I'm liking it on me, both the pink nudes and the natural look.  My perfect combination is WNW Bare it All lipstick and NYC Nude York City liquid lipshine on top.  I would love to play around with this look more as the seasons change.

10. Girl Scout Cookies Lip Balm from Lip Smackers
I love the way they smell.  I have the party pack as well as the 3-pack on sale from Target.  I gave the thin mints to my mom because, even though Thin Mints is my favorite Girl Scout cookie, the lip balm is not.  My personal favorite from the balms is the trefoils.  Damn, it smells like the real thing.  The Coconut Caramel Stripes one is pretty awesome too.

Notice the lack of Big Bang in this list.  Considering they're pretty much the only thing coming out of my mouth lately, why aren't these very fine boys in this list?

Well, they're an obsession.  Calling them a Favorite doesn't cut it.  I feel they deserve their own post (even though there already is one haha).  But to be fair...

11. Alive - fifth mini album by Big Bang
Perfection all around.  Hats off to G-Dragon, T.O.P., Taeyang, Daesung, Seungri, Teddy Park, and everybody else involved with this masterpiece.   I lose myself while listening to this EP.  I love all the songs; even the one that I consider as filler, Ain't No Fun.  G-Dragon's first line in Alive (Intro) is perfect to kick things off and is just so fierce.  Daesung's solo Wings is so inspiring.  (Yes, I don't understand the song when I listen to it but when I read up on it, not to mention how GD explained the back story... I was sold!)  But the prizefighter in this EP is my new favorite song of all-time... FANTASTIC BABY.  Deym, TOP's verse in this song does things to me.

So I guess that's it.  I might even do a proper review for Alive, who knows?  ;-)