Beach-hopping!

10:34 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Allow me a moment of vanity:

Yes, I think the song is about me.
I love how red my lipstick is here.  Wet n Wild in Salsa Lessons, thank you.  Blush is Pearlescent Pink, also from WNW.  And my lovely Michael Kors sunglasses.  <3

We went beach-hopping today.  Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach.  I'm not a beach person per se.  I mean, I don't like swimming at beaches.  (I am a SCUBA diver, btw.)  I'm more of a pool person.  But I do like walking along the boardwalks, checking out the stores and food, of course. 

I didn't take a lot of pictures.  I didn't bring my camera along.  It was sort of a spur of the moment thing.  One moment we're having lunch at Suriya Thai Restaurant, by far my favorite Thai cuisine place.  And then the next moment, we're off to Gardena for shaved ice!  Yes, all the way out to Gardena for friggin' shaved ice.


I admit, I wasn't a huge fan of shaved ice.  After all, it was just ice with flavoring.  Until I tried Spin Shaved Ice.  Ice, flavoring, and condensed milk over a bed of ice cream.  Man, I never knew strawberry flavor with cookies and creme would taste so darn good.

Spin Waikiki
I got the one called Spin Waikiki.  It is strawberry banana flavoring with condensed milk and your choice of ice cream.  I picked cookies and creme over green tea because I prefer my green tea ice cream on its own.  That first spoonful was crazy.  Man, it was so good!  Like, I was reduced to foodgasm groans!

Any shaved ice places to recommend in the Pasadena/Los Angeles area, anyone?