A week before 24.

10:49 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

When I was 16-17, I honestly never thought about where I'd be when I turn 24-25.  I know it sounds ridiculous but 24 sounds so old.  Hahaha!  It's the beginning of the "mid-20s" period.  >_<  Guuuh... what do I have to show for it?!

But really, it's fun getting older.  I seriously am enjoying life right now.  I've been to so many placed, experienced things that an average 20something would wait a few more years to go through, etc.  I still have so much I want/need to do and I say, BRING IT!

The birthday greetings are starting to pour in.  The first one is from the Wells Fargo ATM.  I know it sounds lame but it made me smile.  I was pulling money earlier and while waiting for the transaction to complete, plastered on the screen was a very colorful "Happy birthday from Wells Fargo!!" complete with confetti and party hats.  I'm not very big on my own birthday but it's nice to be greeted.  :)

Also, I started reading again.  I started Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire on the train today.  It is being dubbed as the Fifty Shades for young adults.  Well, we'll see about that.  I enjoyed Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker because I treated it as a long fan fiction but if I have to be honest, those books are not good.  Bad writing, faulty story, wtf characters... but it is definitely mindless entertainment. 

But I digress.  So far, Beautiful Disaster has better writing and more engaging characters than Fifty Shades.  I'm still in the middle whether the book is "beautiful" or a "disaster".  But I admit, I almost missed my stop while reading it.  That's a good sign, right?