$10* ELF Haul!

1:12 AM 0 Comments A+ a-


Last month, I received an email from ELF - eyeslipsface - about a sweet, sweeeet deal.  Spend $35, get free shipping PLUS a $25 gift card*.  I'd be dumb to say no.  So even when I was in the Philippines and dealing with slow internet, I made my list and sent it.  The order is exactly $35 for 17 items... and with the $25 gift card, it seems that this whole bunch is just $10. 

I've accumulated quite a collection of ELF products.  I will start keeping an updated list (like what I did for Etude House but that's for another post) and I can see myself competing these variants... eventually.  For $1 to $5 a piece, there's nothing to lose.  I know that ELF products are mostly hit or miss, that's why it takes me a while to make my list.  I have to scour the net for swatches, blog posts, video reviews to get the stuff that I will not regret (much) buying.

Some of these stuff, I've already tried different colors of or repurchased.  And some are new stuff all together.  I'm excited to play with these especially the blushes.  Lord knows how many lip sticks (lip products in general) I have and I don't have enough cheek colors.  I'll try to include my first impressions if possible.



Items pictured:
  • ELF Studio Warm Bronzer (pic) - I'm pretty new to bronzers and only recently have I started using them more.  Usually when I'm going with a BB cream instead of a tinted moisturizer or foundation.  I like the color when these four are swirled together.  I might use the yellowish one alone for the under eyes. It comes packaged like their blush & bronzer duo and translucent mattifying powder with a big mirror. (I'm writing this post at night using artificial lighting so a decent swatch is impossible.)
  • ELF Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Porcelain - I bought this for my mom.  In the Philippines, ELF products have their own kiosk at the makeup department in the SM Department Stores.  And they are definitely more expensive than US prices.  I mean, $1 converted to Philippine peso is roughly PhP41 and the essential line usually goes for PhP125 over there.  Aish.  But the upside to that is you can swatch the products.  We were at Metro Market! Market! one time and my mom said she liked how this shade worked for her.  So it got it.  
  • ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator (pic) - This item has been out of stock for the longest time.  I finally chanced on it.  I have yet to use it.  I want to try out a legit lip exfoliator.  My lips aren't the healthiest and I need to help it.  This comes in a sleek black lipstick tube - it actually looks like a lipstick - and the packaging itself feels like aluminum.  It has a rather funky scent.  I don't mind it that much but I can't pinpoint what exactly is that fragrance.
  • ELF Zit Zapper - my first repurchase from ELF!  I believe that it helps with my spots here and there.  But whatever... it became a part of my skin care routine.  And like I said, I feel that it does something good.
  • ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 in Malt Shake (swatch) - I love these glosses.  They have just the right amount of stickiness and the scent is delightful.  It is really pigmented.  I have white scar tissue on the center of my lower lip and this covers that right away even without lipstick.  This color is close to my natural lip color and it's really pretty. 
  • ELF Studio Glossy Gloss in Ballet Slippers (swatch) - Like with the Super Glossy Lip Shines, I already have several colors of this kind of lip gloss.  It says on the packaging that you can wear it alone.  I find that with this color, the pigmentation is on the sheer side.  It gives my lips a rather milky shine rather than the pinky nude color on the hand swatch.  Smells a bit like vanilla.
  • ELF Studio Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 in Peaceful Pink (pic) - I finally got my hands on this baby!  I honestly love these conditioning lip balms, fragrance and bulky packaging and all. This color has been highly recommended by a lot of beauty bloggers.  Maybe that's why it's always out of stock when I have a deal to make.  XD
  • ELF Studio Baked Blushes in Passion Pink, Peachy Cheeky, and Rich Rose -  I am so excited when I get new blushes.  I've been eying these since their release and as always, they've been out of stock forever.  I don't know, maybe I was lucky when I ordered this batch.  They come domed as with most baked items and swirled with pearly complimentary shades.  Peachy Cheeky has some golden pearly shimmer; Passion Pink has small glitter; and, Rich Rose has gold shimmer.  I have yet to use it on my face though.
  • ELF Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Pink Umbrellas and Movie Star (swatch) - This product is new to me.  And also, this is the first time that I'll try a jumbo makeup stick.  It's a bit awkward with the pencil-like shape to apply it on the lips but I find that the formula is buildable.  Especially Movie Star.  After a couple of passes, it completely covered up my lip scar.  It comes in a twist up tube and is very sleek.  It smells a bit like toothpaste though.
  • ELF Essential Lipsticks in Sociable, Voodoo, Gypsy, Posh, and Fearless (swatch) - I feel that I will eventually get all the colors from this line.  Hey, it's a dollar and these lipsticks have awesome pigmentation.  And since they are so cheap, the downside is that they break rather easily.  The packaging is okay, can't really complain for a dollar but if you're not careful, you might nick the lipstick as you put the lid back on.  They have a sweet-ish smell.  I don't know if that differs per shade but these five that I have don't have the exact same scent.  Eh whatever.  Sociable has actual multicolored glitter in the pigment that catch the light.  You might not see it much on the swatch but if you look closer at the tube, it's there.  Voodoo is a gorgeous deep almost maroon-ish red.  Gypsy (mine smells sooo good lol) is a pinky shade.  Posh is another dark red (I love my reds, sue me) that looks similar to Voodoo.  I prefer Posh based on the initial swatch because it's a tad lighter and I like that.  And last but definitely not the least, Fearless is the reddest of the bunch and my favorite.  It is definitely Taylor Swift (get it... Fearless) red and brightens up the face.
Whew.  That's a long one.  And what do you know... an honest to goodness swatching fest!  Yay for my Samsung S3 and its nifty photo apps.  XD

Let me know if you have these too and what you think of them.  I think ELF is a rather good product for everyone - beginners, savers, and enthusiasts alike.  I hope you find this helpful.