The Beatitudes (Matthew 5: 3-12)

8:39 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I'm not very religious but I have very strong beliefs. I believe strongly in Karma. I was raised a Roman Catholic and in most of my schooling, these Christian beliefs have been in my books, my learning, and my life.  I admit, I never really lived them until recently. The Beatitudes have stuck very close to me in these troubled times and gave me peace of mind. 

I believe that everything happens for a reason. And in the end, we will get what we so justly deserve.

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.
Blesses are the peacemakers: for they shall be called children of God.
Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake: Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is very great in heaven.

Amen. God bless us all.