The Makeup Tag

12:47 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

I love doing these things.  Especially when I'm bored.  Which I currently am.  My many fandoms are throwing so much stuff at me all at the same time that my feelz cannot take it.  So I'm taking a break.  Have some makeup.

1. How many times do you wash your face daily?  Twice.  Once in the bath and if I'm wearing makeup that day, before going to bed.  I usually take about 30 minutes to go through my nightly routine.

2. What skin type do you have?  I have combo/oily skin.  I don't have acne problems, thank goodness.  I do have enlarged pores but they're not so noticeable.  My biggest problem with my skin is dark circles.

3. What is your current facial wash?  I use a couple.  In the morning, I use St. Ives apricot facial scrub.  At night, when I'm taking off my makeup, I use either the L'Oreal 360 Clean (I love that little scrubby thing) or Skin Effects by Dr. Jeffrey Dover foaming facial cleanser (which I cannot find anymore.  Sadface.)

4. Do you exfoliate?  How often?  Every other day.  But the St. Ives apricot scrub is safe to use everyday.

5. What product do you use to exfoliate?  St. Ives apricot scrub.  And I think the scrublet thing from the L'Oreal 360 Clean system also exfoliates.  And I know I have an Olay daily scrub waiting in the wings.

6. What moisturizer do you use?  Neutrogena Oil-free Moisture SPF15.  I cannot wait for it to run out so I can switch brands.  It works okay but it does not have enough moisture for my skin's situation right now.

7. Do you have freckles or sun spots?  Nope, not that I notice.  I do have moles.

8. Do you use eye cream?  Yes.  I have dark circles that I want to lessen or get rid of totally.  I'm currently trying out an eye cream from Origins but I usually use the Garnier roll-on de-puffer. 

9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?  I'm lucky that acne/pimples never bothered me that much.  It had zits but nothing major that it messed with my self-esteem.  Other aspects of my teenage life took care of that.

10. Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?  No.

11. What foundation do you use?  I don't use foundation.  Yeah.  I use either tinted moisturizer (Wet n Wild in Sunkissed) or Asian BB creams.  I'm currently in love with the Etude House Precious Mineral BBdation.

12. How about concealer?  This, I neeeeed.  I have a couple in my rotation: ELF all-over cover stick, ELF tone-correcting concealer, something from Estee Lauder, another from Almay, and one from Rimmel, I believe.

13. Do you now your undertone color?  Pink.  Cool, I think.  But warm-colored makeup looks better on me than cool tones.

14. What do you think of fake eyelashes?  I don't need them.  I have long and thick lashes.  And even when time comes that I might need them, I'm never going to use them.

15. Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?  Yes but I don't know anyone who actually follows that rule.

16. What brand of mascara do you use?  Almost all mascaras work on my lashes, except those from Revlon.  But my favorites are CoverGirl Lash Blash and NYC Big and Bold mascara.

17. Sephora or MAC?  Honestly, drugstore.  But between these two, Sephora's more flexible.

18. Do you have a MAC pro-card?  No.

19. What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?  Brushes.  And fingers.

20. Do you use makeup base/primer for your eyes?  Yes, I do.


21. For the face?  Just moisturizer.

22. What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?  I love red/orange eyeshadows.  I love pairing it with gold.

23. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?  Pencil or gel.  I hate liquid eyeliner.

24. How often do you poke your eye with an eyeliner pencil?  Since I've stopped putting eyeliner on my lower lids, not as much as I used to.

25. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?  Pointless.  More trouble than its worth.

26. Do you use mineral makeup?  Used to.  I tried mineral foundation; didn't see the point to it.  Then mineral lipsticks dry the hell out of my lips.  Eh.

27. What is your favorite lipstick? Erm... Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-talk.  <3  And Kate Moss for Rimmel in #12.

28. How about lip gloss?  NYC Liquid Lipshines.  I love those!

29. What is your favorite blush to use?  ELF Studio blushes.  And Heather Silk from Wet n Wild.

30. Do you buy your makeup on eBay?  Just the Asian makeup.

31. Do you like drugstore makeup?  I absolutely swear by it.

32. Do you go to CCO's (cosmetic company outlets)?  Not really.  I take a look but more often than not, I don't get anything.  Except from Etude House.

33. Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?  Nope.  I don't like touching other people's faces.

34. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? I'm getting better.

35. Name a makeup crime that you hate. Creepy drawn on brows.  I mean... why do you even think that that's attractive?!

36. Do you like colorful shades of makeup or neutral ones?  For lipsticks, I go both ways.  I love neutrals but I also love bold red and orange lips.  For eyes, I tend to stick with my nudes.

37. Which celebrity always has great makeup?  I don't notice stuff like that, honestly.

38. If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?  Lipstick, all the way.

39. Could you leave the house without makeup on?  Yes.

40. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?  Honestly?  Yes.

41. In your opinion, what is the best makeup line?  Each brand has its hits and misses.  I don't judge.  (Note: I'm allergic to something that Revlon puts in all their stuff.)

42. What do you think of makeup?  It's fun.