ASOS - 爱不持久 (Love Can't Last Long)

3:22 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Have you ever had a song that you have not hears in yeeeaaarsss and yet the moment you hear it again, you find yourself singing along to every single word?  I get that all the time.  This is one of them.  And this particular one surprised me the most.

ASOS or A Sisters of Shu are made up of two sisters, Barbie (aka San Cai of Meteor Garden) and Dee Hsu.  I believe this song is Dee's solo but as you can see in that live performance, they sing it together.  I would've posted the official MV but this fancam is more special to me.  I attended this concert. This was my first East Asian pop [ie C-Pop, K-Pop, and the likes] music concert.  Back when everyone in the Philippines was all about Dao Ming Si and Hua Ze Lei - I was biased towards Xi Men meself lol - I also went all out.  My tickets weren't cheap, I went alone, and braved the crazy fans standing on a plastic chair so I can see the stage more clearly.  Not to mention it was raining.

(Also, this was one of the last concerts that I went to with my Dad before he passed away.  I know I said I went alone but he was hanging out at the bars surrounding the venue waiting for the concert to be over so he can drive me home.  By the time I got out, he bought me so much merch... and I wasn't even asking for them.  I still have those items, some still in their original packaging, up until now.)

But I digress.  This song is one of those that I  memorized without the aid of lyric sheets.  I don't know how.  My 14-year-old self is smarter I guess lol.  I loved some of ASOS' songs and just yesterday, I was rocking to them again.  They're a bit on weird side but I like the vibe.  This is my favorite ASOS video.  The original MV is kind of strange.  Dee's boyfriends keep on dying.  Love can't last long, I guess.

I don't know what's with me lately.  I'm going back to my C-Pop love.  And I still know all the words... which baffles me.  I still don't know what they mean haha.  I think I know more full C-Pop songs than K-Pop.  Romanized Mandarin Chinese is easier to read than romanized Korean which looks like gibberish to me.  At the risk of sounding like an elitist K-Pop fan, I prefer my K-Pop lyrics in Hangul.  ;-)

Ahhh... there was a time when I had every song by artists associated with Meteor Garden from ASOS to Pace Wu.  I wish I could recreate that collection.  Hmm... come to think of it... challenge accepted?  ;-)