Starbucks Names.

12:40 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

My first Starbucks of 2014!  And it tastes like medicine.

There was a time in 2013 when I swore off this overpriced coffee chain for at least 4 months.  Then I began craving the Green Tea frappuccino and caramel frappuccino with no whip and that was that.  I had an early clock-in at work today so I decided to treat myself... and try something out.

On Tumblr, I've seen "pranks" like giving the barista a different name on your Starbucks order.  I read one who gave the name "Voldemort" and what was written on his cup was "He Who Must Not be Named".  How I wish my baristas are as geeky as that.  I get so anxious when planning to do something out of the ordinary and end up chickening out lol. 

Some days ago, I tweeted this:


I saw this on a Buzzfeed post and it seemed harmless enough.  I mean, "Primrose" is a normal-sounding name vs Voldemort LOL.  But it still took me 4-5 days to go through with it.  Heh.  I don't get Starbucks everyday and hell, making a fool out of myself is not a motivation to get one.


But I did it.  Sans the "I volunteer" part.  My barista did it for me.

Barista: What can I get you?
Me: Let's try the Caramel Flan latte.  Venti.  No whip.
Barista: All right. And your name please...
Me: Prim.  (I tried not to fidget.)
Barista: Maria?
Me: No, Prim.  Primrose.
Barista: Well then.  I volunteer to make your coffee for you.

Heh.  That didn't feel as stupid as I expected.  And oh, I had to pay cash so she won't know that my name is not really "Prim".  I wish it though... "Primrose" is a pretty name.

That was fun.  I might pull this off again - using Primrose this time - the next time I crave Starbucks.  But never again with this Caramel Flan flavor.  Something in it tastes like medicine.  I'll stick to my favorites.