Outlander

5:09 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

If you haven't been following my book blog (or Twitter, at least), you might have missed my latest... obsession, if you may.

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

Where have I been all this time?  That's the thing with big books... I'm scared of starting them because they're long and they take a lot of time to read.  But when I do decide to read them, I get sucked into that world BIG TIME.

I admit, I usually start big books if they have screen adaptations to go with them.  The Stand, Game of Thrones... I picked up both books because of the adaptations.  I read The Stand because I'm a Gary Sinise fan.  I wanted to read Game of Thrones before watching the series.  And now, Outlander is getting a TV series and already, it's looking so delicious!


DWALIIIN!  XD

Yep, Graham McTavish is one of the first reasons why this pinged my radar.  I absolutely loved his parts in The Hobbit appendices.  When I heard that he was cast in this, I checked it out.  It should've come with a warning.  A Sam Heughan warning.


He be that foine Scottish redhead on the right.  The lass is Caitriona Balfe.  By the way, I should start spelling my name like that, at least in my online self.  ;-)  They play Jamie Fraser and Claire Randall.  And they are lovely.

Have you ever had that perfect moment when the picture in your head matches the actor they chose to play a part?  Like how Alexander Skarsgard is the perfect Eric Northman and how I almost predicted that the "boy from Bridge to Terabithia is the perfect Peeta Mellark"?  Yep, it's the same with this.  So much that I can hear Mr. Heughan's voice in my head when I read Jamie's dialogue.  I can see how Jamie would act, we'll have to see how Sam does it.  I picture Jamie a toughie yet a softie.  I mean, you can feel how much he loves Claire and how earnest and true he is.  He's just... ahhh!  I want one!

(This is a tad too fangirly for my book blog so I'm doing this here.)

Fangirling over Jamie is one thing.  Fangirling over Sam Heughan is another.  I cannot tell you how many times I thought of watching Batman Live at Staples Center.  Yes, he was Batman.  Fudge me.  I know I have a flyer or magazine clipping of that show somewhere.  I'm scouring the web for videos of him, preferably interviews but there's never enough to satisfy lmao.  And I want more Outlander.  MORE.  Ya hear me, Starz?  (I love Starz. They brought me Spartacus.  I hope they do an LA red carpet for this show too.)

One of my The Borgias love is in this too.  Lotte Verbeek plays Geillis Duncan.  She's gorgeous.  Lovely to see her again.

My favorite time of day is my commute because I get to read the book.  It's amazing.  The show has no premiere date yet but I already love it.  It's going to be great.

Now, let me share one of the hottest, sweetest, loveliest pieces of romantic text ever:

"Mo duinne," he said softly.  "But now I should saw mo airgeadach.  My silver one. Your hair is silver-gilt and your skin is white velvet. Calman geal. White dove."

I pressed my hips back against him, inviting, and settled against him with a sigh as his solid hardness filled me. He held me against his chest and moved with me, slowly, deeply. I gasped a little and he slacked his hold.

"I'm sorry," he murmured. "I didna mean to hurt ye. But I do want to be in you, to stay in you, so deep. I want to leave the feel of me deep inside ye with my seed. I want to hold ye so and stay wi'you 'til dawn, and leave you sleeping and go, with the shapes of you warm in my hands." 
Better than any Fifty Shades ever. Dear Starz, include this scene in full. I beg of ye.