Gratitude Journals

8:25 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



February welcomes another journal to my life.

Morning Pages didn't really work out that well. I've done my Q&A A Day religiously for the whole month of January. I've journaled for 31 days straight. Lately, I've come across new stresses in my life. It's so easy to lose yourself in the negativity. ONE thing can ruin your whole day that is otherwise filled with happier times. I don't want the bad things to overshadow the many good things that I am thankful for.

On the outside, I'm a pretty positive person. But I get into these funks where I think of the worst-est case scenario for myself. As bad as it sounds, it's easier for me to sink into the black hole of negativity vs thinking of the "bright side". That way, when the good actually happens, I'm surprised and relieved. But then, I'm also stressed as fck while waiting for the final outcome.

On a whim, I decided to start a gratitude journal. Three or more things that I'm thankful for that day. It could be a little thing, it could be something major. This is a positive page. A safe space. I had a rough Sunday. I knew today, Monday, is going to be rough and it is. But yesterday, when I jotted down that first thankful moment, I instantly felt better. It wasn't just writing down just for the sake of writing it down. It reminded me of that moment when I was exploring my new camera and how giddy and excited it made me. Thus, writing down that happy moment made me smile again. If one thing did that, can you imagine how happy five things can make you.



Here's my very first entry. I'm left-handed, if you must know. And I tried to art. Emphasis on TRIED.

I'm more of a picture-taker. I've taken great photos even with a camera phone. But now, I've armed myself with a bridge camera. And I am so excited.


I got my copy of the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies interactive ebook app for free years ago. Now that there's a movie out, I just decided to start reading it. It's an awesome experience. I'll gladly pay the $8.99 for it now.

And WINNER... oh boy. I made the perfect choice to stan them. The long hiatus was so worth it. Five absolutely amazing songs. The MV for I'm Young, Nam Taehyun's solo is so heartbreaking. I want a sequel to that in the "X" edition of the EXIT Movement. Please. Sentimental is a jam. #squadgoals I just love them. They're on a totally different level of K-pop. I'm so happy they're back.

So let's see where this goes. Like I said, it's easier to grovel in the negative. (Like right now, sigh.) If this is going to be the one good thing in my day, I'll do it.