Etude House

12:05 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

I will be talking about a brand that captured my heart from the get-go.  I've been wanting to try Asian cosmetics for a long time.  In the past, I've had nothing but good experiences with brands such as Can Make and ... some other Japanese brand, sorry I can't read Kanji.  During my trip to the Philippines, there were so many brands to choose from, from local cosmetics to other Asian ones such as Tony Moly, Skin Food, and Majolica Majorca (Shiseido).  But out of all that, I was drawn to Etude House.

Etude House is a Korean cosmetics brand.  It is endorsed by KPOP Idols SHINee and Sandara Park of 2NE1.  I was attracted to the brand not only because of Dara-unnie but also of the packaging.  And their boutiques are so cute!  It's like stepping into a child's pink bedroom.  It's all so soft and dreamy and... pink! 


Unfortunately, it is not available in the United States.  At least, not that I know of.  Apart from buying it online, of course.  So when I vacationed in the Philippines, I got as many as I could get my hands on.  I mean, I went cray-cray.  I think I spent at least PhP700 per visit.  And I ended up with 6-7 bags.  Yeah, I don't even want to think about it.  XD  I was completely and utterly in love with the brand.  Together with my other "big" purchases, one would think I went to South Korea instead of the Philippines.

Yessir, that's "One of a Kind".

Now, I admit that I have not used ALL of the stuff I got from Etude House.  Not yet.  I'm saving some for reviews so they'll look nice in pictures.  But they have the nicest packaging of all the makeup I've seen ever.  The stuff that I have used are great also.  I'm in love with their skin care items, the makeup remover creams, and lip color.  I have them to thank for my newly found orange lipstick love.  And they have the craziest names!  Dear My Blooming Lips-talk, Eye's Cream, Moistfull... wtf?!  Hahaha, yeah. 

In the coming weeks, I will try to work through these products.  Maybe just a picture here and there or if I feel like it, a review.  If anything, I just want to show you how cute these items are.  I hope that one day, they'll open a boutique here in the LA area.  I really miss going to the mall and making a beeline to the Etude House store or kiosk in the department store.

Eventually, I will try other Korean cosmetics brands.  But for now, I'm an Etude House princess.