WEIRD DREAM: Post-Apocalyptic Themes

3:51 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Don't make me figure out where this came from because I don't get it either.

It was a rare time when I slept earlier than my usual bedtime.  Showers knock me out any time of the day.  But last night was tough.  After watching Criminal Minds (DAVID ANDERS + EUROPEAN ACCENT = OTP FOR LIFE) and an incredible episode of CSI (with Wolfgang Puck and "Naevia", Cynthia Addai-Robinson), I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

Some time between 3 and 4, I open up into this dreamscape: I was in Downtown LA waiting for my bus going to work.  I usually take the 9:09am or the 9:15am bus but in the dream, I was reading a book and lost track of time.  When I glanced at my watch, it was already 9:30am.  Shocked, I looked around and the bright and sunny DTLA seemed to have a Silent Hill-ish hue... gray, gloomy, and chilly.  There were no cars on the road, just a handful of equally confused people waiting for their buses, and the stores were closed. 

I don't remember much of what happened directly after that.  The next thing that I do remember is boarding a full bus making its way very slowly down the empty 7th Street.  The ground was wet but more like puddles than a full flood.  The bus was avoiding the puddles.  That was strange.  I felt like I was riding the Cat Bus from My Neighbor Totoro

Anyway, I get off my usual stop and make my way to some house.  Dream!Me did not question why there are actual houses in a commercial area but whatevs.  I knock on a door and this random Asian girl pulls me in and speaks to me in a scared stage whisper, "They're out to get us."  Who "they" are, I have no idea.  And she had me sit with her in the dining room, all huddled up against the fridge.  And then, a family comes into the house and the girl I was with threw a tantrum.

It was all so weird.  I woke up with a WTF face.  Checking the time, it was just 4something AM.  I went back to sleep and luckily, the dream didn't continue. 

I don't know what to make of that dream.  I don't often dream and even if I did, my memories of it would be close to none.  Unless it's something strange like this or the previous ones I already mentioned or wrote about.

Let me know what you think.