Movies that I've Watched Twice.

1:56 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

There is no secret that I love the movies.  I go to red carpet premieres, I tend to watch the next highly anticipated movie as soon as I can - often, the first weekend of release - and I try to become familiar with a certain actor's body of work.  Before, I rarely go to the cinemas.  But since having found myself residing near the entertainment capital of the world, it gave me a new sense of excitement.  To watch a movie after having seen it film, where it was filmed, and meeting the actors is quite the feeling.

With the season of summer comes the summer blockbusters.  The superhero movies, the monster flicks, the explosive action-packed franchises.  They usually start by mid-spring and one or two come out every week or so.  So many movies, so little time.

The last FOUR movies that I've seen, I've seen them twice each.  Divergent (once in the US and the other in the Philippines), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (twice in one day), Godzilla (over the course of one weekend), and X-Men: Days of Future Past (one with family and the other with friends).  Oh wait, I saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in between my 2nd time with Divergent and Captain America but oh, lol... you know what I mean. XD  The point is, I've made it an accidental habit to watch movies twice.

(Aaaaand... I also watched the Korean movie No Breathing on the plane to South Korea.  I put on The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug on my flight from Korea to LA but only has background noise to put me to sleep. It's quite effective.  But let's get back to topic, shall we?)

I already have reviews up on Divergent and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  I wanted to watch Godzilla because the 1997 film was one of the first ones that I remember watching in theaters.  It's definitely my brother's first one lmao.  It was rather trippy to see Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen as husband and wife in this film when they play twins in The Avengers: Age of Ultron as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.  Sort of like Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as Tris and Caleb Prior in Divergent - brother and sister - and as Hazel Grace and Augustus in The Fault in Our Stars - boyfriend and girlfriend.  (I read and reviewed the book on my other blog. TL;DR I'm not a fan.)

The best part of Godzilla was Ken Watanabe's WTF face all throughout the film.  I can't explain it but it's fcking hilarious!  Godzilla's end moves are pretty awesome as well.  All that was missing was Ultraman or one of those Japanese robots, Voltes V.  MUTO... eh, I still think it's stemmed from KUTO, Tagalog for louse.  LMAO. 

And speaking of Quicksilver, the character also shows up on X-Men, played by Evan Peters.  OMG, best part of the movie!  I will never listen to Jim Croce's Time in A Bottle the same way again.  Unfortunately, my least favorite part of the film was Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique.  It was so blank and one-dimensional; almost as if she - the actress and character - didn't want to be there.  I have yet to see her in a role that I like (apart from Katniss Everdeen).  I'm still pissed that Kitty Pryde was almost just an afterthought when in fact, she should be front and center in Future Past.  Well, I guess that's what you get when you don't have an Academy Award.  *shrugs*

I did enjoy X-Men a lot.  Especially this one.  As if X-Men 3 didn't happen!  *confetti*  It was nice to see old faces: Jean, Bobby, Scott, Peter Rasputin.  And some hottie new ones such as Warpath lol.

I should also mention this interesting thing that my brother and I found while watching Divergent in the Philippines, at SM North Edsa.  While we shy away from sitting at the front part of the cinema, that particular SM Cinema has LA-Z BOY CHAIRS instead of your typical theater chairs.  I kid you not.  OMG, it was quite awesome.  And you can use them with no extra charge!  XD

Since then, I've not seen a movie twice.  Actually, I haven't been keeping up with movies this year.  I recently discovered why Sherlock is the best thing in the world so my attention has been on that and the perfection that is Benedict Cumberbatch.  This is the first time where I get so into deep with a show/fandom after meeting it's stars: Benedict, Martin Freeman, and Amanda Abbington.  Oh well, at least I've met them, yeah?  But that's for another post.