2016 Resolutions and ProjectsHow is your first week of 2016?
Mine's been chilly and wet. It's been raining here in Southern California. We badly need it. It's a bit inconvenient but I happen to love rain. I love the cold; being bundled up and cozy even inside the house!
With the new year comes these barrage of resolutions. Frankly, I don't think we need a "new year" to resolve to do stuff, to better ourselves. Everyone's doing it anyway. I'll do it too.
I posted my book-related resolutions over at my other blog. If you're interested, please go check it out. You can see the non-book-related stuff here.
I could go with that list above but... salads? （⌒▽⌒）
- MAKEUP - Use more. Buy less. I'm not a Youtuber or a "beauty guru". So why do I have three Sterilite drawers of lipsticks? A whole drawer of blush. JUST BLUSH?! I have eyeshadow to last me a lifetime. Why... what made me think that I need all of that? I get distracted by pretty things. And I want all the colors. But that was then. Lately, I haven't been buying a lot of makeup. Western makeup, at least. I will buy Korean makeup, for sure. But I'll hold back on the US drugstore kind. I'm going on a sort of PROJECT PAN or MAKEUP USE UP this year. I have a list on my journal and I will add on to that list whenever I see an item that I'd want to use up rather than throw or give away. I've never done that before. I know it's not going to be easy but I'm inspired by a lot of videos that I watched on Youtube.
- ORGANIZE MY ROOM. I actually share my room with my brother. Put two nerds together and what do you get? A lot of crap. We have books, video gaming items, collectibles, and boring stuff like clothes, shoes, and bags for two people. And my makeup. There is never enough room. But we manage... for a while. And then the crap starts to pile up again. I need to learn how to throw stuff away. Or at least give them away. Hoarder.
- DRIVE. That's pretty self-explanatory. I can't afford a car yet and ... eh, I need to drive. It's time.
- BLOG BETTER. Not necessarily more but better. If I have an event, I should post a recap the next couple of days. If I have an idea, write it down and work on it while the idea is still fresh and I still want to write about it.
- PLAY MORE VIDEO GAMES. Especially Tekken. I want to be better at it. Not tournament-level good but at least when I find myself at an arcade with Tekken, I can play a few rounds without embarrassing myself. Earn that "gamer girl" badge some more. I finished Heavy Rain last year and loved it. I want more of those kinds of games.
- STUDY AND PRACTICE KOREAN. It's been 3 years since I first sat down in a classroom and formally studied the language. I've retained what I've learned and added to that knowledge since but I really want to be better at it. I saw the progress that my brother has made in his study of the Japanese language. I don't have the same tools but with a bit of work, I'm sure I can be at that level too.
- PLAY GUITAR AGAIN. Blame it on Beck, the anime. I pulled out my guitar, Bradley, again. I still know how to play, mind you. I just need to play more.
- PROJECT PAN. I already mentioned a little bit on that. I might post about that later.
- A NEW POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERA. My current camera, a Lumix, has seen better days. It's time to move on. Preferably a camera with a view screen that you can flip over.
- A CAR. Obviously.
- WATCH ONE LONG ANIME. OR TWO. Long ala-Fullmetal Alchemist long.
- FINISH MY NATE EYRE AND MONDAY COUPLE FANFICTIONS. Yep, the Nate Eyre was my NaNoWriMo 2010 win. It has more than 50,000 words and still unfinished. As for Monday Couple fics, I have two. I'm really proud of them. ^_^
- GO ON A LEGIT VACATION. A vacation in which I avail my vacation leave. New York City, Japan, or South Korea!
There you go. I think they're pretty reasonable and doable projects and resolutions for the year. I may add to it or give up on some. We'll see.