End of 2013 Survey

1:38 PM 2 Comments A+ a-

I could not find an "End of 2014" survey that is not about books.  So I might as well use the one I filled up last year.  It should be interesting to compare answers.

What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Dyed my hair! And I'm keeping it red.  And KCON! 


Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made good with one: to start formally learning a foreign language.  I did that for roughly six months then I plan to continue on my own.  I've acquired a couple of books.  Especially next year... we're going to South Korea!
 
Did anyone close to you give birth?

I won't say "close" but some school friends had babies this year.

Did anyone close to you die?
Again, not close but some people that I knew.

What countries did you visit?
None.  I will remedy that in 2014.

What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A better-paying job.  Again.  But to be fair, my job in 2013 paid better than the one I had in 2012.  If it follows the pattern, I hope to get a better job in 2014 with all the benefits.

What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 2, 2013.  Not just because it's my brother's birthday.  It was the red carpet premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.  I cannot gush about that event enough.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmm... being able to have short but straight conversations in Korean. :)  It was a once-a-week, two hours per day class in a span of six months but I did okay in that short amount of time.

What was your biggest failure?
I try not to think of those.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
It seems that my voice is not going with me in 2014.  At least, it's going to be late.

What was the best thing you bought?
 The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey 5-disc extended DVD set.  This brings me so much joy.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Pope Francis, I guess.

Whose behavior made you appalled?
If I answer this truthfully, I'll get a lot of hate.  It's not a fandom thing... it's a real life thing for a change.  I guess I'll just keep that to myself.

Where did most of your money go?
DVDs.  Bath and Body Works.  Hot Topic.  Especially around the Black Friday weekend. And yeah, KCON.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug premiere.  I never saw this coming.  LOTR events were always either NYC or NZ.  Finally they have something for LA and I dropped everything just to be a part of it.  Twelve years is a long time to wait.  No more.

What song will always remind you of 2013?
2013 is more about movies for me.  I listened to the same bunch of songs and even the 2013 releases didn't stand out to me that much.

Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) Happier or sadder? Happier.
b) Thinner or fatter? About the same.
c) Richer or poorer? Richer.

What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I wrote more.  Even fan fiction.  Especially fan fiction. ;-)  And crochet.  My stash of yarn is growing faster than I can stitch.  The season for crocheted goods isn't that long.  And oh yeah, watch more movies.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
As always, spend.  But no regrets!
crocheted good season is not very long. 

How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it up at the Hollywood sign!

What was your favorite TV program?
Storage Wars.  I'm not even kidding. XD  I could watch HOURS of this show.  The original one, not the Texas spinoff.
 
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I actually scratched a name or two off that list this year.  Improvement!

What was the best book you read?
Enders Game by Orson Scott Card.  And I have to say, The Maze Runner by James Dashner.  Serena by Ron Rash is a contender but I didn't breeze through that as easily as the other two.

What was your greatest musical discovery?

I'm still very much in my K-pop bubble but I'm slowly coming back to indie, folk-y music, thanks to Spotify.  Sophie Madeleine is one of those finds. 

What did you want and get?
An Amazon Kindle Fire HD!  Don't get me wrong, I love real books and my nook isn't bad.  But I really wanted a Kindle for the longest time.  I have Kindle apps on my phone and iPad but being the dedicated tech person that I am, I needed a separate Kindle.  And I fulfilled last year's answer to the next question, a new MacBook Pro!

What did you want and not get?
A new iPod.  Still debating whether to get the Touch with the camera on the back or the Classic.  Leaning more towards the Touch though.  It's an extra camera for events and whatnot.

What was your favourite film of this year?
I have a list.  In no particular order:
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
  • Pacific Rim
  • Catching Fire
  •  Thor: The Dark World
  • Gravity
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 and I was at work. I planned to go to NYC and watch Orlando Bloom in Romeo and Juliet but no dice.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Sweaters and boots.  I finally got one of those Converse boots.  And some very cute white Doc Marten-looking pair from Forever 21.

What kept you sane?
Fandom.  Lately, I cannot stop talking about either The Hunger Games and/or The Hobbit/LOTR.  And good books.  I've been using the hell out of my Kindle Fire HD since I got it and I'm lucky that my picks have been good ones.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Josh Hutcherson.  Shoot me.  He's younger than me but hot DAMN, when he's in Peeta mode.... he's hot as hell.  He's cute as himself too but add my automatic sympathy for Peeta, I can't handle it.  And yes, I have a pillowcase with his face on it.  Two of them.

What political issue stirred you the most?
That Napoles debacle in the Philippines.  Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago PWNED!

Who did you miss?
My dad.  And my brother.  It's times like this when I need someone to geek out with.

Who was the best new person you met?
Our red carpet premiere group is growing.  :)

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
Just have fun.  And acknowledge the signs.  -- ditto!

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:


2 reactions

Write reactions
Jessica
AUTHOR
January 5, 2014 at 2:06 PM delete

Hi Katrina.. Got here through teentalk. Anyway your korean is pretty good~!
Sounds like 2013 was quite fun for you~ Have fun in Korea :)

Reply
avatar
Cate
AUTHOR
January 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM delete

Hey Jessica! Thanks for dropping by. I love your photoblog.

Reply
avatar