Daniel Radcliffe,Hollywood Walk of Famer [20151112]

11:21 PM 2 Comments A+ a-

When was this again? Oh... November 12, 2015. And what date is it now? The 30th. Great.

Hey, I'm doing this mostly for myself. And for you guys too, I guess. Sharing is caring. This blog is kind of like my Pensieve. If you don't know what that is, gtfo of this particular post. I'm joking. Look it up and you'll know why that reference is appropriate.

Where was I? Ah Pensieve, right. Something special always happens to me when I go to events. I know each attendee has his/her own special moment. To them, that totally makes their day, week, month, year. I certainly have more than my fair share of that. I go to so many of these things and I don't want to forget those little moments. Not that I forget them, lol... my memory's pretty good when it comes to trivial things like that. ;-) It makes for good blog content, that's another thing.

But this intro is not why you're here. You're here for this:


And that's the end of this blog post. The end.

No, I'm joking. I have more pictures under the cut.
Every time I tick off a name from my "People I Might Never Meet" list, I say that "my childhood is over". By meeting Daniel Radcliffe, I can probably say that with absolute confidence. There are still a couple of names on that list but I don't think any of them are part of my "childhood" anymore. Said childhood consisted of mostly Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, boybands, anime, C-pop, and towards the end of that, Mythbusters. Dreams have come true. I hope more of them will in the coming years.

I always missed Daniel Radcliffe in premieres, both in movies and Broadway. When he did How To Succeed... on Broadway, I just moved out of NYC. I wanted to come back but couldn't. The later Harry Potter red carpets were in NYC. I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter about a month after it opened. And I can't go to SDCC. I was hoping against hope that he'll show up at the opening of the Wizarding World at Universal Studios Hollywood or maybe an LA premiere of his movies. And then... this comes up.

The best place to "meet" a celebrity - or at least, stare at them for an extended amount of time - is through these Hollywood Walk of Fame star ceremonies. Not only do you get the person getting the star but special guests as well. The best one to date was the Peter Jackson ceremony. It was a dream come true for any LOTR nerd, especially if you follow the Appendices in the DVDs. Daniel had Chris Hardwick from the Nerdist podcast and The Talking Dead and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone director Chris Columbus as his guests. I already met Mr. Hardwick once before at The Avengers: Age of Ultron premiere. I was super pumped to meet Mr. Columbus. The first HP movie will always be one of my favorites of all time. I used to watch that movie every single day and have memorized the whole thing, accents and all. That's why when I had my VHS - VHS - copy signed by both the lead actor and director, I was such a happy kid. Unfortunately, the girl beside me had a dry erase marker instead of a permanent one so I had to find a way to protect Chris Columbus' autograph. (Clear packaging tape all around did the trick.) Daniel was surprised that I had a VHS copy. Heh!

Not to mention these events happen early in the day. You're done by 1PM. But... you have to line up crazy early, especially if the recipient is super popular. When the Backstreet Boys got their star, they pretty much closed Hollywood and some people rented hotel rooms days in advance. The crowd for Daniel was surprisingly light but it was still packed by the time they let us into the fan area. I was surprised to see a lot of younger kids who showed up. It was so sweet to hear parents say that they're passing their love of Harry Potter on to their kids... and it's an excuse to reread the whole series all over again! My friends and I ended up standing behind the professional photographers, similar to my spot during the Orlando Bloom star ceremony. It was a great spot... but the sun was behind us and washed everything out.


Daniel had prime real estate for his star. Right in front of the Dolby Theatre, near Pete's. I still don't have a picture of the actual star itself because I usually go somewhere else right after the ceremony. I did take a day off. I gave some of them a BS excuse but apparently, my friends and I ended up on several network news shows. Heh. My friend Taffy has a Nimbus 2000 broomstick and that got a LOT of attention. I haven't seen any of those news clips... I hope we looked good in them LMAO.


Dan's parents were the first ones who went to their seats. So sweet. They were very early. And obviously excited. I like observing an actor's parents. My favorite one is Hayley Atwell's dad at the Captain America 2 premiere. I've never seen happier people.


And then... Daniel Radcliffe. Hello.

I could not look anywhere else. It was so overwhelming to finally see him in person. I watched that first HP movie so many times that my brother and I can go back and forth with the dialogue until after Hagrid forbids them to speak of Fluffy. He looked so happy.

Both Chrises gave speeches. I have them both and Dan's but like I said, the lighting was bad and the live stream is archived somewhere so that's a better copy. Chris Harwick looked the happiest. OMG, he was so cheery. One of my favorite parts of the day was when Chris Columbus was talking with Dan's parents. That's where it all began.

There's not much else to say about that day. It was a good day. I got my special item signed and like I said above, Dan was amused that I have a VHS copy. He was so sweet. He kept asking the people in charge when he could sign for the fans. He must have asked "Can I sign now? When I can sign?" three times before he was allowed to do it. He signed for everybody and even took pictures with almost everybody!

Daniel, you made so many people happy that day. It was a magical day. Thank you and best of luck with everything.

Now, on to the photos.





2 reactions

Write reactions
Tara
AUTHOR
January 18, 2016 at 7:45 PM delete

That is awesome! It's amazing you got to experience and see this event! Ahhhh, I need to finish re-reading the HP books!

Reply
avatar
Cate
AUTHOR
January 19, 2016 at 4:35 PM delete

Thanks! Yep, I'm planning to do a re-read as well. :)

Reply
avatar